6/24/11

Week's Training

This week started out on a sour note with me having to head into a Q -Care clinic for a sinus infection. Although the sinus pressure and drainage was bothersome, but I don't have any races coming up for a few weeks and I still managed a good week of training.

My first key workout of the week was and ANT workout of 9 by 5 minutes with 90 seconds of recovery between. I cruised along between 5:24 and 5:30 pace for this one, with a nice solid heart rate.

The second key workout out the week for me was a longer ANT workout of 3x 30 minutes at ANT. This is a tough mental workout, but a good one for getting tough and building my second half strength that has served me well.

My week was capped off with a 3 hour run this morning with Erik Esher from the starting line of the Half Voyageur up Spirit Mountain to Mangely-Snively into Jay Cooke State Park and back. it was a good run, and I was thrilled to run in the sun again after all of that rain we have had.

Overall a solid week of training. I'm happy that I was able to have good efforts for all of my key workouts, and for the first time in a while not have too many wrenches thrown my way.

No comments: