7/20/11

Long Weekend In Utah

Last weekend I took an extended weekend trip to Park City Utah to visit Meg, who is teaching at a geology field camp there this summer. It was great to visit Meg for the first time in almost 7 weeks, and to get to my fix of mountain running too!

The Wasatch Mountains

I was able to do several 3:00:00+ runs in the Wasatch mountains between 8,000 and 10,000 feet in elevation including near Alta Utah, at Jupiter Ridge near Park City, and Empire Pass outside Park City.



Meg and I trail running to an alpine lake


Trail running here was a blast!

Besides running and hiking, Meg and I ate in one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever been to, visited the Park City Olympic Training Center - site of the 2002 winter Olympic games, and found 5 geocaches in the area. The only down side of the trip was having to leave to head back to home for work. I hope to go west again this fall for a longer running and relaxation respite with Meg.


The Olympic Training Center and 2002 Olympic venue in Park City Utah

No comments: