12/9/11

Great Video of North Face Endurance Challenge 2011

I came across this great video from the North Face Endurance Challenge in San Fransisco on Scott Dunlap's blog, and I thought I would continue to spread it around. The course look great, and I hope to join the field sometime in the next few years to test my self against some of the best in our sport. Congrats to this year's champion Mike Wolfe who was racing runner up Dakota Jones until the final miles. It is so exciting to see more and more ultras coming down to close finishes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3jIeqfKlRKs#!

In other news, Great Britain announced the first members of their Track and Field Olympic team when they names marathoners Paula Radcliffe, Mara Yamauchi, and Scott Overall to the team. The Olympic season is coming and I can't wait to see who else from around the world will be on the starting line in the 5,000, 10,000, and marathon. Best of luck to the runners from the northland who will be at the US Olympic marathon trials including my friends Jen Houck and Katie Koski.

I have started to bring my training volume and intensity back up in preparation for the snowshoe season and am excited for the snowshoe season. It is a nice break from the focus I have on ultras the rest of the year. I will be posting my 2012 racing calendar soon, so stay tuned for that. Until then - keep warm, and keep running (or skiing and snowshoeing)!

No comments: