7/27/07

A High Intensity Week

This week has been a low volume and high intensity week for me. Though I prefer the high volume weeks myself, intensity is fun too. I will finish the week with only about 62 to 65 miles, but will have done three relatively intense workouts. On Tuesday I did 8x4 min at ANT (anaerobic threshold pace – the pace at which you are going fast enough that your body can no longer remove the lactic acid your muscles are producing) and felt strong through the entire workout despite the heat and humidity. On Thursday I did 3x3000m at ANT and felt so fast and light on my feet I was amazed. The first 3000m rep. was in 10:17, the second in 10:10 and the third in 10:05. To be sure, these were not race pace reps. I was very in control and comfortable the entire way. I was also sure to keep my heart rate on the low end of my ANT zone because I don’t want to be pushing it really high this early. My heart rate for all three put together averaged 168 BPM. I was really happy with the workout. On Saturday I will have one more intensity workout for the week, 5x800m at race pace. I am excited to test my self with this one because it will be my first track session in some months.

No comments: