2/21/08

My January Training

The month of January saw the Nordic ski season coming to a close and the track season just beginning. My training hours and miles decreased at the end of the month because of the peak for Nordic skiing, but those numbers will be back up at the start of February.

January 1st - January 6th: Other than the US National Championships skate race on the first, this week was mostly long workouts including several multi hour skis and of course the 12 hours of Telemark race at which I won the 12 Solo title.
18:20 Hours 12 Miles Ran

January 7th - January 13th: Several long workouts at the CSS Nordic skiing camp, and a hard workout on Wednesday consisting of 5x4 minute intervals at 10k race pace. I felt really good for this workout.
13:30 Hours 43 Miles Ran

January 14th – January 20th: Mileage and workout house reducing for taper. Tuesday featured 2x4 minute reps as race pace and then 3x1 minute VO2 max reps. My high end and racing feels really good. Saturday and Sunday were the second of the NCAA qualifiers in Houghton, MI, which included a 10k skate on Saturday and a 15k classic on Sunday.
9:10 Hours 21 Miles Ran

January 21st – January 27th: I am still cutting back on my mileage and training hours before regionals and the Birkie. I had two races, a Saturday and Sunday 10k skate and 15k classic split again. Wednesday of this week was my intensity day with 8x1 minute all out sprints to push the upper end a little.
9:00 Hours 20 Miles Ran

January 28th – February 3rd: I began running more this week in preparation for the upcoming UMAC indoor conference meet in which I will attempt to defend my 5000m title. My fitness is top notch, but I need to get my running legs back under me.
7:30 Hours 39 Miles Ran

Year Total:
57:30 Hours
135 Miles Ran

No comments: