3/30/11

Redefine Challenge

Anthony Robles is a name most of you probably have never heard before. On March 19th he won the NACC wrestling national championship in the 125lb weight class. And right now, your probably thinking...so?!

Anthony was born with only one leg. He wrestled a perfect 36-0 season this year, and beat the defending national champion to win the NCAA title.
When asked about how he thought he would fare in the tournament with his handicap he replied, "I really don't see missing my leg as a handicap, you know, my parents raised me strong and they didn't give me any special treatment. So, I believe I can do anything I set my mind to and wrestling is something I enjoy, I love it and I'm just trying to be best at it."

Well said, and a great reminder for me to put my "challenges" in perspective.



Here is a link to some ESPN video of the championship match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5W4RZq1NRg

No comments: