8/15/12

Trekking In Nepal

Over the last few weeks I have be traveling in Nepal trekking and trail running. The trip has been an amazing adventure and I feel very lucky to have been able to do it.

On the way to Nepal I had a stop in the UAE and was able to see a bit of country and some amazing sights. Highlights included seeing the Grand Mosque and going in the Persian Gulf. I only wish I had more time there.

After landing in Katmandu I spent some time in the city seeing the sights and bringing some supplies over for a charity I am involved with, the Basa Village Foundation (www.basavillagefoundationusa.org). After that I flew to the Lukla airport and began my trek.

I was able to go through some of the most beautiful parts of Nepal and the Himalayas. I trekked through Namche Bazar, Dola, Monchermo, Goyko, over the Cho La Pass, through Gorka Shep to Kalapatter and Everest base camp. I then headed back south through Penrechie, Tengobeche, and am now headed back to Lukla and Katmandu.

Some of the most interesting parts of the trek included delivering the supplies for the Basa Village Foundation, experiencing my first ever earth quake, climbing Kalapatter, Gokyo RI, and several other peaks, meeting the local people of Nepal, and pushing my physical limits.

When I get back to the US and have a faster internet connection I hope to post some photos from the trek as well.

Until then, Namaste!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you felt the recent earthquake centered in Iran.